Contractors bid for new Veterans Affairs clinic in Kernersville | News
KERNERSVILLE, .N.C — Pre-bidding for contractors to construct the new Kernersville Veterans Affairs clinic begins Thursday morning.
At 10 a.m., the Department of Veterans Affairs will accept those bids during a conference in Kernersville.
Contractors submitted their interest last month, after the VA put out a call for bids. Those potential builders come from as far away as New York City and Washington D.C., and as close as High Point and Wilmington. To see a list of the bidders, visit FBO.gov.
A 39-acre property near the Kernersville Medical Center is being purchased for the full-service clinic, which is slated to open in 2015. The actual clinic will be 280,000 square feet with nearly 2,000 parking spaces. It will employ about 500 people, although it’s unclear if any of those positions are transfers.
Adding the facility will mean closer resources for local veterans who normally head to Durham or Salisbury for medical needs.
Upcoming Events near Forsyth County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Not quite perfect’ pottery sale this weekend in Winston-Salem
- Officer shoots into car after man drives away during traffic stop
- Police search for man accused of raping child in Winston-Salem
- Fire causes evacuation at Walmart in Winston-Salem
- UNC School of the Arts saxophone students present an evening of music