Nearby Break-in Prompts Short Lockdown at Two Kernersville Schools | News
Two Kernersville schools were put on temporary lockdown Friday morning after authorities received reports of a nearby break-in.
Glenn High and Union Cross Elementary schools were put on the short lockdown on Friday morning due to a break-in that was reported in a nearby neighborhood, police said.
Police said the school's resource officer decided to on the lockdown as a precautionary measure.
The lockdown was lifted around 11 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Forsyth County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Not quite perfect’ pottery sale this weekend in Winston-Salem
- Officer shoots into car after man drives away during traffic stop
- Police search for man accused of raping child in Winston-Salem
- Fire causes evacuation at Walmart in Winston-Salem
- UNC School of the Arts saxophone students present an evening of music