Nearby Break-in Prompts Short Lockdown at Two Kernersville Schools | News
Two Kernersville schools were put on temporary lockdown Friday morning after authorities received reports of a nearby break-in.
Glenn High and Union Cross Elementary schools were put on the short lockdown on Friday morning due to a break-in that was reported in a nearby neighborhood, police said.
Police said the school's resource officer decided to on the lockdown as a precautionary measure.
The lockdown was lifted around 11 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Forsyth County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- VSU football player pleads guilty to assaulting WSSU quarterback
- Dewey’s Bakery shares tasty Easter treats
- Bikers come from around the world to Winston-Salem for weekend races
- Chatham Co. man’s credit card ‘cloned’ and used in Winston-Salem, three suspects sought
- Police ID pedestrian struck by vehicle, dragged 3 miles in W-S