Clemmons Elementary School Lockdown Lifted | News
Clemmons Elementary School was put on lockdown Thursday afternoon after a breaking and entering was reported a a nearby neighborhood.
The lockdown began around 2:45 p.m. after a report of a breaking and entering in progress on Hawks Nest Circle, said Lt. Brad Stanley with the Forsyth County Sherrif's Office.
Deputies found two suspects when they arrived on scene. Both fled on foot, but only one was caught, Stanley said. The other was spotted running near the school, which led to the lockdown, Stanley said. The lockdown was lifted after 3:30 p.m. after the deputies determined the suspect was no longer in the school area, Stanley said.
There were initial reports that the second suspect had a gun, but deputies did not know at the time whether he had weapons, Stanley said.
Upcoming Events near Forsyth County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘Not quite perfect’ pottery sale this weekend in Winston-Salem
- Officer shoots into car after man drives away during traffic stop
- Police search for man accused of raping child in Winston-Salem
- Fire causes evacuation at Walmart in Winston-Salem
- UNC School of the Arts saxophone students present an evening of music